This is a nice spicy and hearty side dish that warms the soul. This can easily be served as a side dish or as a small meal such as a light lunch. The Potatoes are filling and the zest of the other ingredients really cut into the normal blandness of the Potato.
2 Lbs Red or White Potatoes, cleaned and chopped with skin on.
1 small white onion, chopped
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 TBSP Ground Mustard
Fresh Thyme & Dill
1 TBSP Molasses
1. Boil the potatoes in a large pot about 7-10 minutes or until tender (Just slightly starting to fall apart).
2. Saute Onions in Olive Oil. When starting to brown add the Molasses and Ground Mustard. Continue to cook about 2 minutes and remove from heat. If you're a regular reader of the blog and happen to have some homemade mustard on hand this is PERFECT for this dish.
3. Toss the Potatoes with the herbs and onion mixture.
4. Combine the Cider Vinegar with about 1/4 Cup water and toss with Potatoes.
5. Top with chopped Green Onion.